The Electro-Voice PolarChoice PC-12/XLR 12" Miniature Multi-Pattern Gooseneck Podium Microphone is highly-shielded from RFI/GSM. Multi-pattern, miniature gooseneck podium microphones are designed for sound reinforcement systems where sound quality and gain-before-feedback is of major importance.
The multi-pattern versatility of the PolarChoice microphone makes it a true "problem solver". With three directional and one non-directional polar pattern available, the PolarChoice microphone is ideal for virtually any installation. Polar patterns can be easily changed, using a small flat bladed screwdriver with the front mounted rotary control. Altering the polar pattern does not change the on-axis sonic character of the microphone; therefore changes in equalizer settings are unnecessary.
The PolarChoice PC-12/XLR is acoustically designed for high-quality sound reinforcement and broadcast applications. The frequency response is tailored for wide-range sound reproduction with very natural sound pick-up for either distant or close-up use. The small, dual diameter gooseneck has two supple joints and a rigid center tube. The rigid tube prevents unsightly twisting of the gooseneck but permits the user to exactly position the microphone.
The electronics housing's 3/4-inch diameter base is terminated with a male XLR-type 3-pin connector that allows the microphone to be plugged directly into an existing panel-mount XLR receptacle. The housing is machined brass for ruggedness and superior EMI/RFI attenuation. The PolarChoice PC-12/XLR is designed to be phantom-powered with a wide voltage range of 12-52V dc (DIN Standard 45 596).
- Generating Element: Dual condenser, back electrets
- Frequency Response: 50Hz to 20000Hz
- Polar Patterns: Omni directional, Cardioid, Supercardioid, Hypercardioid
- Output Connectors: 3-pin XLR Male
- Sensitivity: Open Circuit Voltage, 1kHz: 5.6mV/Pascal
- Clipping Level (1% THD): > 127 dB SPL
- Equivalent Noise: < 26 dB SPL "A" weighted (0 dB=20 micropascals)
- Dynamic Range: > 101 dB
- Output Impedance, 1 kHz: 200 Ohms
- Power Requirements: Phantom, 12-52VDC
- Current Consumption: < 5mA with P48 supply
- Polarity: Pin 2 positive, referenced to pin 3, with positive pressure on the diaphragm
- Environmental Conditions:
Relative Humidity 0-50%: -29 deg. C to 74 deg. C (-20 deg. F to 165 deg. F)
Relative Humidity 0 to 95%: -29 deg. C to 57 deg. C (-20 deg. F to 135 deg. F)
Gooseneck Length: 316.4mm (12.45")
Head Diameter: 14.6mm (0.57")
Gooseneck Diameter: 6.4/7.9mm (0.25/0.31")
Connector Diameter: 19mm (0.74")
- Weight: 170g / 6oz